Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Taiwanese Actor’s Accident in Ramada Hotel, South Korea


Pouring Water

Last month, a Taiwanese actor (郭子乾) had gotten second degree burns on his legs after being spilled boiling water on his lower body. He was in South Korea’s Ramada Hotel during a vacation with his family. As he was pouring water from the hotel’s water kettle, its base fell off and boiling water spilled on him. He was rushed to the hospital immediately after the incident.

It was the first time I heard of such incidents. Water kettle’s base falling off? Never would I have thought of such things happening. The hotel didn’t want to take responsibility for this accident, and the actor greatly resented it.  Honestly, I don’t blame the actor for demanding actions from the hotel. It was him, afterall, who had burns on his body. However, I’m not sure if the hotel should be blamed either. It never happened to anyone before (or at least to my best knowledge).

Two things I’ve learned here – 1. be careful when pouring hot water in your cup and 2. high-end hotels can never guarantee your safety.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Chitika Ads