Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Little Girl’s Sentiments on Valentine’s Day



Today is one of the most awaited days of the year. Ironically, this is also the most feared day to a lot of people. Back in my high school and college days, girls who carry flower bouquets in Loves Day are the coolest, the prettiest, and the most envied creatures in school. Girls who haven’t received anything feel especially ugly on this day.

In this new world with Facebook and Twitter, Hearts Day seems to be tenfold worse than in the past. After I logged into my account tonight, a lot of my female friends had already posted pictures of flowers they’ve got from their special someone. My male friends, on the other hand, had broadcasted their love to their girl on their walls. Sadly, I also see some friends who are very transparent about their misery. I feel bad for them. I wish that they’ll finally meet their other half, or that they’d realize that whoever is beside them now is already enough for them.

To my readers, you don’t know me personally. You’ve never seen my face. And I’m a very private person. But I will reveal one thing about myself. I’ve never been in a relationship in my entire life. A few years from now, I’ll be 30. I admit that I had my share of these pessimistic feelings that my lonely fb friends have. So this Valentine’s day, other than spending this special day with my family, I have no flowers, no chocolates, and no three magical words to look forward to LOL.

However, to make this day extra special, I want to tell this to myself (and to the world) before the clock strikes 12:
The little girl may not be the prettiest, the most talented, and the sexiest girl on earth. But my family loves me. Okay, but they’re my own blood, so it’s not really something to brag about. I’ll revise. But my friends love me. Even my pets love me (oh really?). It means that they see something in me. It means there’s something to love about me. I’ll remember my strengths (even if I don’t exactly know them) and I won’t let this cold month put me down!

To my prince (if God would really give me one):
You’re the luckiest man on earth. I just can’t explain why. :)

To everyone who’s reading this:
I wish you not just a day, but an eternity of happiness, warmth, and love. :) 
Happy Hearts Day! <3

4 comments:

  1. Don't worry, Vday is not only for married people or those in a relationship or flings) anyway. Even single people can have a special Valentine's by showing and receiving love from their family, friends and of course, themselves.. :) As for me, even if I have a bf, both of us are currently sick. Haha.. We just ended up staying at home drowning ourselves with meds.. XD Ain't that a bad Valentine's day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sumi for your comforting words. Despite being loveless this Valentines day, I still feel loved by my family and friends.
    Aww, that's too bad. I hope you and your boyfriend are feeling better now. Pwede pa namang humabol sa weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post cheerfulnuts. I love the message! Take care and all the very best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, thanks Judy.:) It's a bit embarrassing to post something like this. I don't know what I was thinking that time LOL.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Chitika Ads