Saturday, February 11, 2012

It’s Not Right: Making Fun of Other People’s Wastes



Note: This is the first entry of my “it’s not right” series. It is about the negative things I see people do. My blog has always been cheerful and positive; however, this is not about my whines or pessimism about the human nature. To me, writing these will serve as a reminder to myself so I won’t commit the same mistakes to other people. I want to become the best little girl that I can be. Hopefully, some people will also find my posts helpful.:) I will use the tag “it’s not right” for this type of post.



I was in a fastfood chain, having my lunch before going home. Since I had drunk a lot of fluids, I had to go to the toilet to pee. When I entered the toilet, it was dirty and stinky. I didn’t want to go in, but I had to commute for another 30 minutes or so before I could reach home. So in I went. I went into the cleanest cubicle I could find.

As I was peeing inside, a group of girls came in. They stopped chatting when they got in. I think the pungent smell had made them stop. After the pause, they said “obvious!” almost in unison. They said it loud enough for me to hear. I didn’t understand what they meant. When I was finally done, I got out and passed by these girls. They looked meaningfully at me then at each other as they giggled.

When I was back to my table, I realized what they meant. They said “obvious!” because it was obvious that I was the one who produced the foul-smelling odour that had spread in the toilet. It wasn’t fair! :(

First, it was already stinky before I stepped into the empty toilet. Someone must have dropped the bomb before I got in. Second, defecating is a human nature. You can’t laugh at someone because they had upset their stomach and had no choice but to do their business in a dirty public toilet. Unless their wastes have sweet-smelling odour, these students have no right to make fun of other people’s waste. Grrrr…

6 comments:

  1. I agree with you cheerfulnuts, I don't think it's right to laugh at such things. It's part of human nature and it's as natural as breathing. How rude of these girls to act in such way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, these girls are really rude. Everyone doesn't like the smell of feces, but it doesn't mean that one should laugh when strangers had just defecated, especially when they had done it in the right place (toilets).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree with you. When I was younger, I used to be so embarrassed when I have to defecate in public toilets. But as mature persons, we really have to just accept that this is human nature. Nothing to be ashamed of. And you know, if I were you, I would've scolded those rude girls. Sorry for the language but... Bakit, di ba sila tumatae?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sumi: LOL, very well-said.:) I should have scolded them. These are one of the things that I regret not doing. My reaction is always very late. Anyway, when I have my own kids, I will teach them to respect other people and not to be like these girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Understand how you feel. Hi, just blog hopping. happy Blogging to you

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Aries: Thank your for the visit and for understanding my sentiments. Happy blogging too!:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Chitika Ads