Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Little Girl's New Year's Resolution for 2012



First of all, I want to greet everyone a Happy New Year! Vacation’s over and it’s time to put our best foot forward this 2012. I see lots of New-Year’s-resolution-related articles here and there so I guess it’s time to make my own list. Of course everyone can start afresh and improve his life any time (not only in New Year’s). Nevertheless, it wouldn’t hurt to make one. Plus, it’s fun! Here’s the little girl’s New Year’s resolution for 2012:


Sleep earlier
I’m an evening person. I feel more alert during the night. Because of this, I’d always stayed up past midnight and would always end up getting up late in the morning. Sleeping late doesn’t only make me rush in the morning, but it also makes me unhealthy. I want to be healthy from now on, so sleeping before midnight is a stepping stone to a healthier life!

Read more
I have a lot of books and magazines hidden in my drawers. I haven’t even read most of them. For the past few years, I’d been telling myself that I’ll read them some day “when I have time”. But that day never came. And my books still look like they’ve just been bought recently. This year, I will really try my best to squeeze reading into my “busy” schedule.

Write more
I’ve never considered myself as a writer before. When I started writing online, I gained some followers and had received some positive feedback from my readers. I realized that it’s never too late to learn to write. Who would have thought that I, the little girl, would produce some nice articles on the internet? I had slowly gained confidence in my writing. Writing became my passion. What a late-bloomer I am. Sadly, after I got banned from Google Adsense, I had lost some motivation in writing. But now, since it’s New Year, I would grab my pen (or rather, my keyboard) and continue to share my thoughts, improve my skills, help some people, make people laugh, and grow as a writer. So little girl, write, write, write!

Give blogging a chance
Since I had been banned from Google Adsense, I lost hope in blogging. I looked for some alternatives to Adsense and told myself not to give up and to keep going. I continued to blog, but I spent less and less time on writing. I had rarely updated my blogs or read other blogs. I kind of miss it now. So this 2012, I’m going to be more active in the blogging world. Hope I’ll see the light again even without Adsense!

Be more organized
Our little apartment is a mess. Accomplishing something at home is a CHALLENGING task. It’s almost impossible for us to do something at home without things dropping to the floor or our limbs getting accidentally hit by something. I’m getting sick of the clutter so I would always end up just lying on the bed. I don’t want to continue living like this. I will be more organized this year to make our lives easier and happier.

Do the laundry more often
I’m lazy at doing the laundry. My clothes pile up and I’m always intimidated to even look at my laundry basket. It stresses me out. So now, I’m going to do the laundry regularly. It would make me less tired and less stressed.

Learn to manage my time
I suck at time management. I always feel that I’m too busy and don’t have enough time for something. But I end up not accomplishing anything within the day. So, this year, I will make a schedule and try to stick with it. I will focus on my priorities and ignore the trivial tasks in my life.

Enjoy life
As I’ve said, I always feel too busy. I find myself not having time for doing the things I really LOVE. From now on, I will enjoy life. If I want to watch a movie or read a book, I would no longer tell myself that I’m too busy for this. Instead, I’ll tell myself: “I’ll find time for this.”

Pray more
I always think that God knows what I’m thinking, so if I don’t pray, God still knows my thoughts. I know it’s true, but it doesn’t mean that I should stop talking to God. God should be my top priority in life, because without Him, there’ll be no little girl. So even if He perfectly knows my thoughts and feelings, I would still tell it to Him myself.

This is the end of my list. I hope that I have inspired you to make 2012 a better year for you. I wish you all the best!

10 comments:

  1. Very inspiring post, cheerfulnuts. I like the picture as well. I hope you'll be able to achieve your goals! Don't worry, I'll always be there to remind you about this list and nag you when you don't follow it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pleasant surprise seriousnuts! You rarely comment on my posts.:( You should comment as often as possible! And please don't nag me.=~

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, I'll try to make 'commenting on your posts' as one of my new year's resolutions! LoL. Well, nagging would at least be for your own good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Btw, I can't wait for your first blog post this year. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year Cheerfulnuts! :) Hope you'll have more blessings and opportunities this 2012. And cheers to fulfilling our new year's resolutions! ^^

    PS: Following your blog now. Hope you can follow mine back. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sumi, glad to know that you're following my blog. Thank you! I've been following your blog since last month (?) through fb.:) I will double check if I've followed you through GFC. Happy New Year, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your first resolution is also one of mine this year! :) Happy new year Cheerfulnuts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Berylle, thanks for the visit. Happy New Year too!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi cheerfulnuts,
    Very interesting post! I like your New Year's resolutions and wish you all that is great for 2012!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Judy. Thanks! Honestly, I'm having a hard time doing these things LOL.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Chitika Ads