Sunday, June 12, 2011

Actresses From The Past

By Wikimaxxx (Own work) [FAL], via Wikimedia Commons
While I was channel surfing, I saw one of Judy Garland's old movies. She was so pretty. I googled her and found out it was her 89th birthday yesterday! She died at age 47 due to an accidental drug overdose. How come it was always the cause of death among celebrities? Anyway, I've only seen one movie of hers - The Wizard of Oz. It's a 1939 film where she starred as Dorothy Gale, a role she is widely known for.
By Wikimaxxx (Own work) [FAL], via Wikimedia Commons

Another 1939 film I've seen is Gone With The Wind starring Clark Gable, Vivien Leigh, Leslie Howard, Olivia de Havilland, and Hattie McDaniel. It won 10 Academy Awards and is still considered as one of the best films ever. Among the stars, only one of them is still living. Olivia de Havilland, aged 94 as of this writing, played the role Melanie Hamilton. She outlived the child actress who played the role of Bonnie Blue Butler. De Havilland, together with her sister Joan Fontaine, is one of the last surviving actresses in the 1930's.
I think that actresses in the 1930's (or 1940's or 1950's) are very beautiful. I love looking at their black-and-white vintage photos. I just wish that I have a time machine so I can go back to the past and meet some of the great celebrities at that time (as if I'd have a chance LOL). All I can do now is watch TV and view some old movies to relive the memories that I never had. Now, where is that remote?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Chitika Ads