Friday, June 3, 2011

My Skin's Story

 http://www.dreamstime.com/free-stock-image-face-pack-rimagefree795742-resi3471639
When I was in high school, I had a terrible case of acne. It was not the most severe case of acne, but among my female classmates, I had the most pimples on my face. It had affected my confidence and self-esteem. My pimples looked more visible with my light skin tone. I did not visit a dermatologist that time, because it is "normal" for teens to have acne due to hormonal changes. Still, I can't help but feel jealous of my classmates,
who mostly had smooth glowing skin.

As I grew older, my pimples started to lessen. After I have graduated college, my parents told me to see a dermatologist. The doctor pricked my pimples with his tools and sold me some skin care products. They were effective, but I find them expensive. My nerdy sister started researching about skin. She experimented with different products in the market. Now, I can't say that we have perfect skin. There are days when we have more acne than usual. But our skin had improved a lot. My sister was fond of researching about skin. She had written an article about it. If you have a skin problem, you'd probably like her article. Here is a link to her page: Skin Care 101

2 comments:

  1. Hi cheerfulnuts, My twin and I also had acne problems in school and very sensitive skin. In recent years I have had good results with St. Ives Apricot Scrub. I have long passed the years of acne but I have found the St. Ives products to be quite good. Take care. Judy from Jamaica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy. I haven't tried St. Ives Apricot Scrub. Thanks for sharing, and take care too. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Chitika Ads