Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I Love Having a Nerdy Twin


my nerdy twin patiently tutoring me

I will start writing about the things/people that I love. I will use the tag "I love" for these entries. My first entry is, of course, about my twin.:D

I Love Having a Nerdy Twin
I'm not a nerd. OK, maybe just a bit. My friends think so. But I remember being a happy-go-lucky kid who didn't care about books and studies. All I cared about were Barbie dolls and TV. I didn't see the point of studying because I thought that I would automatically be intelligent when I grow up. LOL, I was a silly kid back then.

My sister, on the other hand, has been studious all her life. She loves to read and loves science - a subject that I hated the most. She excelled in school and was admired by everyone because of her intelligence. I remember one time, when we were in grade school, she won a contest, and all our classmates surrounded her to admire her medal. I was happy for her, but I admit I felt a bit of jealousy.

Years passed, and she would always get higher grades than I did. People wouldn't stop comparing us. I felt l wasn't good at anything. It was a huge blow to my self-esteem. Good thing is, we have always been very close. I told her about my insecurities. She decided to tutor me. I got to ask her questions that I would never have dared to ask others for fear of being ridiculed. My twin was patient with me.

I realized the importance of hardwork. There may be people with higher I.Q. But no one is born with knowledge. Knowledge is earned. My sister's and my efforts had paid off. I started to get good grades in school, and sometimes, even higher than my twin.

Now that we no longer go to school, my sister still continues being nerdy. That's her passion. I went back to being my happy-go-lucky self. And I still care about Barbie dolls and TV.:D


The following are her nerdy blogs:

3 comments:

  1. Hi cheerfulnuts,
    As one of twins it was so interesting reading this post. It certainly is wonderful to be born one of twins. I can fully understand that you and seriousnuts are close and how she helped you to face and overcome certain challenges. Take care and enjoy the rest of your day.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I could still remember the nights when we would both stay up late while I tutor you. You were half-asleep then. Thanks for posting my blogs in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Judy,
    There's no one who would understand the bond between twins better than twins themselves!:) I'm glad to have you as my reader.:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Chitika Ads