Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Ugly Haircut of the Little Girl

Illustration by cheerfulnuts

As a child, I had always worn my hair short. My parents believed that short hair is cuter and easier to maintain. As girls, my sister and I would spend quite some time in front of the mirror. We wanted to look as pretty as possible. Every morning, my parents would impatiently tell us to hurry. They are the most punctual people on earth, and running late to school was the last thing they’d want to happen. As months passed, it took us longer to fix our hair. Then, the dreaded words would come out from my dad’s mouth,
“You have to have your hair cut.” My mom would join in and complain about our “messy” hair. Then, mom would bring us to the nearest salon one weekend. She would ask the hairstylist to cut our hair super short. She thought it was the best way to spend the money. Having your hair cut, no matter how much had been cut, cost just the same. So in my mom’s opinion, a money spent to cut more amount of hair is a money spent wisely. In my entire childhood, all my visits to salon were disastrous. I would always end up crying when I got home. My parents would comfort me saying I looked cuter with my new hair. I didn’t believe them though. To me, I looked like a bunot (Filipino word for coir). I envied my pretty classmates who had long shiny hair.
Now that I’ve grown up, I’ve rarely visited the salons. I’ve grown my hair long, and to me, I look better and more feminine this way. They say long hair is sexier, and I believe it. I would occasionally ask my sister to trim my hair. She’d watched some tutorials on youtube teaching people how to cut someone’s hair. It turned out terrible, but at least my hair is still long. I have saved some money, and some tears, too.=P

8 comments:

  1. Haha. That was a funny post. I'm glad that you're enjoying your long hair now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriousnuts, I'm enjoying my hair so much right now esp. after you've trimmed it.=P

    ReplyDelete
  3. My twin and I have always preferred our hair to be at least shoulder length. Once a cousin gave us a hair cut just before we were to be bridesmaids for a friend and we realized that she cut it shorter than we wanted it to be. Anyway it was not too short!:) We decided from them that short hair did not fit us!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, LOL, I think no girl likes very short hair.=))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still remember when my sweetheart got her hair cut short..she looked very cute for a week but from the next week, I was like plzzz grow it back..lol!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL. Actually, short hair is neat and very fashionable. But I think girls who want to look beautiful should grow their hair long. Thanks Gautam for the visit.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha.. What a cute and funny post.
    I hope you don't mind me adding you to my blogroll. :D
    Found your page from Blogs Ng Pinoy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL thanks! I didn't know someone would find me there.:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Chitika Ads