Monday, November 7, 2011

Thoughts on Halloween


the little girl (right) freaks out as she comes face to face with a ghost

I know it's kind of late, but... I'd like to post something Halloween-related here. It is still November after all.;)
November is one of my most anticipated months. Unlike in the West, we Filipinos don't dress up as fairies, zombies, or ghosts and walk in the streets. Mostly, it's only kids (or mall staffs) who dress up in costumes. Kids in costumes would flock to the malls and bring their pumpkin baskets from store to store and yell "trick or treats!" Hey, maybe I can wear a mask and pretend to be a tall kid. I should have thought about that earlier!

On a serious note, I look forward to Halloween because I love seeing Halloween decorations. I also enjoy watching horror films. But lately, I try to stay away from horror movies. My paranormal experience sometimes makes me believe in unreal things in the movies, and that is freaking me out. If you want to know about my encounter with a ghost, read my article on Squidoo.
Despite my being a scaredy-cat, there's another good reason for anticipating Halloween. It's a month away from my favorite time of the year - Christmas season! I'll be decorating our home within this week (I hope).:) For now, I'd like to say, Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cheerfulnuts,
    It is interesting to read about Halloween activities in your country. Here in Jamaica Halloween is becoming more popular but it is not celebrated in a big way. There are some parties and persons dress up in costumes. I note that you will soon be decorating for Christmas. This is also my favourite time of the year. The days are moving quickly so it will soon be here!:) Take care.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Judy, I guess Jamaica and Philippines are pretty much the same in celebrating Halloween.:) We also have some Halloween parties here, although I've never attended one.
    Time sure flies! I'm really excited!:D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Chitika Ads