Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Little Girl Cries for the Little Chinese Girl


Today, I just saw a very disturbing footage of a hit-and-run case involving a Chinese toddler. The two-year-old girl was walking alone (probably just outside her home) when a van ran over her. While she was still breathing and struggling, the child was then ran over by a truck. The most alarming part is 18 passers-by had turned a blind eye, as shown in the video. They were walking just a few inches from her! I’m not aware for how long, but after some time, a garbage collector pulled her to the sidewalk and started looking for the child’s mom. Her mom finally arrived and rushed her to the hospital. The girl was reportedly brain dead. The father, in tears, was begging for kind-hearted people to help him find the drivers who did that to his daughter.

This is truly sad. I was teary eyed as I was watching the video. How could they ignore that child? This makes me sick to my stomach. Having said that, there had been an incident where a Good Samaritan got into trouble, which is probably why people were ignoring the girl. People were obviously afraid. But for a nation that inconveniences people with pure intention, what kind of government do they have? Something is terribly wrong. Being a Chinese myself, I am very disappointed with China. If this goes on, what kind of people will the Chinese become? The Chinese that I used to know, the Chinese people that are being portrayed in Chinese movies such as Jet Li’s Once Upon a Time in China, Donnie Yen’s Ip Man, Jackie Chan and Lee Hom Wang’s Little Big Soldier, where are they now? I missed the old Chinese people.
God bless this little Chinese girl.

6 comments:

  1. I can understand how upset you are about it cheerfulnuts. I have not seen the video but just reading about it shocks me. I hope the drivers who are responsible will be found. It boggles the mind how uncaring some persons can be. I will remember this little girl in my prayers. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a sad account. I don't think its just the Chinese people. Its a sign of the times of the whole world in 2011. People don't care. But in saying that, there are many that do, like you and I.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this footage myself today. It is stuff nightmares are made of. The first van driver can feel something under his van, slows down, but then carries on letting the back wheels go over the toddler. As you say, what type of people can do this and also walk on by. Are they human? They need to suffer the same punishment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, it was really shocking. It was on the news last night in my country. I believe she wouldn't have been brain dead if she had been rushed to the hospital sooner. It was very different in my country. Everyone is so "nosy" here, which I think can be a good thing, too. If it happened here, the drivers (if caught) would have been beaten by the people. I hope the drivers will be punished, too. I will also pray for this girl.:(

    Lesley,you're right. Not only Chinese, but any race could be as evil and uncaring as those people in the video. However, I'm thankful that there are still good people out there.
    The video is unbelievable, isn't it? I was really shocked when I saw it. I had heard some stories before in China about people's heroic acts during the Sichuan earthquake in 2008. Their stories had melted my heart. But now, I couldn't believe that people of the same ethnicity could be so heartless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw that video, it was so sad... I have a 2 year old, I can't imagine that happening to her... And what the parents must be going through now. =(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Camilleta. It must be very traumatic for the parents. It shouldn't turn out like this. This is unbelievable and shocking.
    If I'm a parent, I will keep my eye on my toddler(s) at all times.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Chitika Ads