Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Why You Should Not Ignore Flyer Distributors

What do you do when someone hands you a flyer on the streets or in the mall? Do you take it or ignore it? I encounter people who distribute flyers every single day. A building is being built near where I live, and the realty company is quite aggressive in their marketing. They have a showroom near my home; they hire young and good-looking people as agents; they put ads both in English and Chinese newspapers; they posted a couple of youths outside their showroom to distribute flyers from morning 'til afternoon. I usually avoid flyer distributors, because when I do take their flyers, I will either throw them away afterwards or add them up to my mountain of clutter at home.

In my recent trip to Hong Kong, I passed by a flyer distributor while waiting for my flight back home at the airport. I decided to take it, thinking that their flyers are at least more interesting than those of the realties'. I examined the attractive advertisements on the glossy paper. The word FREE caught my eye. Free Lancome Genifique Youth Activator. I have never used any Lancome products, but I heard that being mentioned by some make-up gurus on Youtube. I quickly went to Temptation to retrieve my free sample. I timidly showed the flyer to one of the staffs. I was wondering if she would force me into buying some of their products before I could get the sample. The lady swiftly took a form and asked me to fill it out. It simply asked for my name, passport number, and my contact details. After stamping "REDEEM" on my flyer, she gave me a 6ml bottle of Lancome. It was a tiny container, but I was happy to get it for FREE. I told my mom about it. We saw another person distributing the same flyers. Thinking that we could get another free sample, my mom innocently walked towards the staff, but she was simply ignored. Poor mom. I guess they just hand it to a select few.






Lesson
Give flyer distributors a chance. Unless you know what they are distributing, take the flyers and examine them. Who knows, you might get something for free.

2 comments:

  1. haha! i can't help myself laughing at your mom,,,lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. @titser darwin, haha, we laughed at her after she was ignored LOL. She could be thick-faced when "needed." That's one trait I haven't gotten from her.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Chitika Ads