Wednesday, February 6, 2013

January Blues



Hello everyone! I haven't been here for a while and I missed being cheerfulnuts.:) Since I got back from Christmas vacation, I've been feeling blue. Probably because of the sudden change of the atmosphere. December had been a really great month and I was kind of in denial that it was over. I thought my sadness would quickly go away, but it lingered on for the entire month. Sometimes, I would get so blue that I would burst into tears (of course I'd do this when no one is around).


It was really weird. I couldn't explain why I was feeling so depressed. All of a sudden, I just felt that I was lost, like I didn't know why I was alive. I stayed away from people, woke up very late every morning, slept very late every night, and didn't write anything for Squidoo or my blogs. I felt like I have no ability to control my life. I felt so weak, so helpless, and so useless. 

I tried to cheer myself up. I watched a Taiwanese idol drama for an entire week. It did help me feel better, but after I finished the series, reality started to sink in. It made me realize that perhaps some people who watch TV all day hate their lives and want to live in another world. I felt just like that. I didn't want to live my real life.

I didn't want to think about my real life. I have too many worries. I worry about the health of my parents who grow older each day. I worry about money. I worry about being alone. I worry about a lot of things that I have no control over.

In the last few days of January, my mood somehow lifted. I started functioning again and posted my very first drama review on my Asian Drama blog. I started rereading my old entries and it reminded me how much I had enjoyed writing them. I could see my passion in my works. I don't know if I'll earn from that blog, but I'll keep adding contents to it because that is what I love doing. I have been sad and lost last month. but I'm glad to have found myself again.

I still have my worries, but I want to focus my energy on things that make me feel happy and useful. For a change, I will make this year extra special. A lot of things are stopping me from going out of my shell and exploring the world, but I will do my best to learn things and grow up.

11 comments:

  1. Hope you'll always be cheerful, cheerfulnuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi cheerfulnuts,
    The blues have a way of sneaking up on us. Anyway I am glad you are feeling much better. Cheer up and all the very best to you.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks seriousnuts and Jundy. I'm being cheerful now.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, cheerfulnuts..

    I've been in the same mood since December as well.

    But then I always try to remind myself that I have to be happy with myself before I can be happy with anyone else.

    Stay cheerful (:

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi ayisharu. That's true. We should be happy with ourselves first. That's why it is so hard for me to interact with people when I'm sad. It's like all of my energy has been sucked out from me. Thanks for the comment. God bless and stay cheerful too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blue is not you, cheerfulnuts! I'm glad I discovered your article on continuing to write despite being banned by adsense. Now I'm trying out my luck on Squidoo and it's all because of that article! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's good to hear, Joselle.:) Thanks for letting me know. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hehe, we have similar blog titles ;D !

    ReplyDelete
  9. When you are feeling blue, hold your head up! I know when I have those feelings, and we all do, I find peace in discussing it with my best friend. Although it may take some time, I normally get over it; but it is so nice to have someone to lean on. You have many friends through this outlet, as I am sure you also do at home. That's what we are all here for. Many prayers and good luck heading your way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your kinds words. I always discuss those feelings with my twin. I agree that it helps a lot to talk. I guess it helped me get over my sadness sooner than it would if I just kept it to myself. January feels like ages ago and I'm quite cheerful now!:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Chitika Ads