Saturday, March 26, 2011

Countries I have Visited

It is important to save money. I have emphasized it in one of my articles in Hubpages. However, when it comes to vacation, money is no longer an issue to me. I really love to travel with my family. For me, nothing can compare with travelling to different parts of the world. The things you learn, the quality time you spend with your loved ones, the feeling of being an adventurer - these are truly priceless. Here are some of the places that I have visited:


Hong Kong
Of course! Most of the people I know who have travelled abroad have gone to this small country. One of the most tourist-friendly country I've visited. You'll find lots of brochures at the airport. Going around is easy. There are lots of signs here and there (both in English and in Chinese), and getting lost is almost impossible. Seafoods in Hong Kong is the best! Yum yum! If you've never been to Disneyland, you can visit Hong Kong's. It's much smaller than other Disneylands, but if you love Mickey and his friends, you'll still love the place. Lastly, you're missing the whole point of going to HK if you do not go shopping! Hong Kong is a shopping haven. People go back and forth to HK just to shop for branded items. It's much cheaper there compared in Manila.

Taiwan
It's a beautiful country with lots of places to visit. A few days is not really enough to explore its beauty. If you love Chinese food, you'll love it there. The cost of food is a plus too (not as expensive as in Hong Kong). Foodtripping there is so much fun (although I never do this because I was just being careful with my tummy). I do not recommend travelling alone in Taiwan. They do not speak much English, and getting around is not as convenient as in HK. Night markets is a must-visit place in Taiwan.

Korea
What I love about Korea best is their tourism. The local tour guide assigned to us was very professional. If you are a Koreanovela fan, you will definitely enjoy your visit here. I love the food, although it made my throat dry. Not much to shop there except for souvenir items (not sure about this though. Probably, our itinerary didn't include nice places to shop in).

Japan
I'm in love with Japan. With it's rich history and unique culture, it's a place to remember. The sceneries are breathtaking. The locals are very nice and respectful. And the place is soooo clean! Even the toilets are squeaky clean! After the March 11 earthquake, it's no longer advisable to travel there due to radiation fear. It's really a sad thing. But with citizens as disciplined and as united as the Japanese, there's no doubt that Japan will rise again.

These are some of the countries I've visited. Each country is beautiful in its own way. I can't wait to visit and explore other countries!

2 comments:

  1. wow! you are such a rolling stone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, my mom is. LOL. We just follow her. Her motto in life is: "Maglakwatsa ka nang maglakwatsa habang nakakalakad ka pa." Makes sense. =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Chitika Ads